Friday, January 2, 2009

After work!

Well having lived in some very crackin cities in my life Moscow has been a shock, yet a ray of light has always loomed over my head in some hope that pretentiousness may exist in Moscow Idaho. Living in Portland most of my life for school as well as work I was exposed to a high level of pretentiousness at an early age, it became not only and anthem for reviewing my life but assessing everything around me. Now in a town full townies and lifers as I like to call them i find myself at a lack of pretentiousness. This has made my acclamation to my new environment very hard, when watching the people of this town there seems to be a lack of attitude which makes it so hard to judge. When people don't notice or care they are being judged does it even accomplish anything, there is a giant lack of people watching goin on in Moscow :.(...
I enjoy goin to bar/dive bars and upscale places to drink i have found that you see people at their very best and worst in these venues. Tonight was no different, i stumbled upon a new innovation to Moscow, a martini bar. Although i have been to many of these this is the first one that i have graced with my presence that had the heir that they had no reason to be open at all. Full of cliches and bartenders who spoke with verbiage straight out of, "A dummy's guide to martinis." Although there was an abundance of new and innovative martinis the ambiance as well as depth of conversational skill was lacking greatly. To me a Martini bartender must be highly skilled in the art of conversation to geisha status! Unfortunately i encountered a bartender who had quite possibly never talked to another human before or at least one that new anything about any event ever in the world. He spewed off a few cliche bartender comments about the bar which was quickly cut short by me since they were completely wrong much to my dismay i had found another pretend snob or NOB as I call them. My recent encounters in the town of Moscow have encouraged me to create my new resolution list:
1. Pass down my abilities of judging and people watching onto the next generation.
2. Communicate my disappointment in the human species more often when applicable.
3. Achieve a new level of pretentiousness in business as well as life.
4. Care to much about the little things.
5. Take things too serious as well as take things lightly that shouldn't be.
6. Find ways to laugh at thing that shouldn't be funny.
7. Most importantly turn Moscow into another city!!

2 comments:

  1. 8. Eat more mozzarella.

    NOB! I'm totally going to use that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numbers one through three. Yes, please. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete